  From: Rodolphe Ortalo <ortalo@laas.fr>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 07:50:21 +0200

Re: target-specific info?

>Yes, I was thinking about this.  I don't think it would be too hard.
>(put up a screen on a single visual which allows the user to arrange
>rectangles and assign targets to them, and when they hit OK, it
>generates a display-tile: string).  Like the mac Monitors control
>panel, only better.

I think this may be some kind of job for libgwt... There may be
problems when arranging the various "screens" if they don't have
the same bit-depth, etc... In these cases, it might be necessary
to "redraw" portions of the virtual screen, etc... Within a windowed
framework, it makes sense to do all that, and to manage multiple
screens as a big non-rectangular desktop (or "root-window" ;-).

In a non-windowed environment, it makes less sense to abstract
such configuration away from the application (a game may _want_
to know if there is one or two screens available...)

My 0.02

Rodolphe

PS: However, putting that in libgwt may delay the actual availability
of the functionality (as I'm a little late on schedule wrt GWT).
Feel free to provide an alternate proposal in the meantime of course...

PPS: BTW, I'm back from Holiday... Hello everyone.