  From: s369625@student.uq.edu.au
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 12:23:28 +1000

Re: New target `display-tele' committed -- async and sync mode

On Mon, 21 Sep 1998, Hartmut Niemann wrote:

>> Hi !
>>

>We might as well be honest enough to make all such commands return
>void.
>Those commands that return a value (ggiGetBox, getpixel...) will be
>checkpoints anyway, and will need all pending accelleration be executed
>before the get operation.
Yes.   But why make GetBox etc. be the checkpoints (presumably their is an
implementation reason, but I am thinking of interface).  Wouldn't some seperate
error system like X has make sense in this sort of situation.  Such a system
is complicated, but any asyncronous system will be.