  From: teunis <teunis@computersupportcentre.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 17:43:56 -0700 (MST)

RE: Strange freezeups in KGIcon...

On Mon, 21 Sep 1998, David Waite wrote:

> [...]

Nope - I've actually tried with debugging off and it does the same thing.
It seems that all (supported:) graphic modes work with the S3 ViRGE now so
all that's left is that nagging hangup.

I -suspect- it's in the clock driver (as someone else was working on that
and I have a terrible memory for names)

> > I'd send the info to another terminal but the only other one I've got is a
> > Trio64V2 and that driver's about the same for stability....  (has the same
> > prob).
>
> Could you initialize this one VGA? =)

Nope.  As a secondary display it's not exactly alive yet.  Requires a
specific wakeup code *sigh*.
the other prob of course is that the Trio64V+ driver doesn't yet detect a
V2..  I suppose I should fix that *again* [and this time upload my fixes
:]

Mayhaps I'll add some pci-probing code too if that helps any for now.  I
had some nice code around here somewhere (looking) :)

G'day, eh? :)
	- Teunis