  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 03:34:39 +0200

Win32 target being worked on!

Hi!

I just had a talk with a Steven Engelhardt on our IRC server, and
here's some extracs of the discussion:

<StevenE> Hey.  My name is Steven Engelhardt, and I've been following the
GGI project through lurking on the mailing list for a long time ...
<StevenE> (my e-mail is down so I can't send this to the list)
<StevenE> A couple of days ago I began the trek of compiling libggi on VC++
5.0
<Adamel> Oh, NICE!
<StevenE> And I've hade a good bit of success.
<StevenE> At first I tried editing the makefiles by hand, but there was
just too much for me to change right away.
<StevenE> So I started creating VC++ projects and making parts by hand.
<Adamel> Yeah, the makefiles are rather GNU-specific now, so that's
probably the best to do.
<StevenE> so far I've gotten libggi.dll,
default/{color},{common},{linear_8},{linear_16},{stubs}.dll,
display/{memory},{monotext}.dll to compile under VC++ 5.0
<StevenE> The memory target seemed to work, in that it was writing things
to RAM, but I wasn't able to delve into what exactly it was writing.
<StevenE> In addition, I've also started work on a DirectX3 display target.

Steven is having email problems currently so he probably can't send
any mail for a few days, but he said he will try to be at the IRC
meeting tomorrow (well, it's today here now, and I really should get
some sleep... ;)

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se