  From: Todd T. Fries <toddf@acm.org>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 15:28:39 -0500

Re: New target `display-tele' committed

On Sat, Sep 19, 1998 at 10:25:17PM +0200, Marcus Sundberg wrote:
> teunis wrote:
> > The X11 protocol would be fun to implement.... :)
> >         [XWindows is an implementation of the X11 protocol... and not the
> > only one]
>
> Maybe... ;)
> But it wouldn't be fun to use it, because the X11 protocol sucks.
> (A protocol that can be compressed four times _on the average_,
> and where some requests can be compressed 50 (yes, fifty!) times,
> sucks by definition. ;)

However, due to backwards compatibility, no matter how badly it sucks, it
is a necessary evil, IMHO.

Now, how long will it be before we setup a virtual networked space in which
these neato hexagon movies can be consoles and we can all authenticate each
other to virtually look over each others shoulders?
--
Todd Fries .. toddf@acm.org