  From: Sengan Baring-Gould <sengan@seqnet.net>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 10:44:39 -0600

Re: NVidia is a horseshit company

> Do you expect a full
> schematic for the card's layout too?  Why not?  Don't you feel you
> have a "right" to that information?

Actually I DO. That's how it was in Russia, allowing people to repair
theirradios/TVs whatever. I find it morally wrong that 1 year after I bought a
VCR
it breaks, and I have to fork out money to get it repaired since it does not
come
with full documentation. I view the continual dumbification of people to be
another
sign of the decline of our "civilisation". I am very fed-up of my freedom being

continually curtailed by closed standards, dumb ass views like "well just don't

use a computer then", etc. Why is it that so many people believe companies'
interest is the same as people's interest. It is not. Their interest is
profit/exploitation.
Our interest is freedom. Unless we defend our interest, we'll lose it.

Sengan