  From: teunis <teunis@computersupportcentre.com>
  To  : andreas.beck@ggi-project.org
  Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 18:13:13 -0700 (MST)

Re: O.K. - shared memory somewhat integrated into memory target.

On Sat, 19 Sep 1998 becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I promised, so I did ...
>
> I integrated shared memory into the memvisual.

Thanks! :)
(that's a -nice- way of doing it btw :)

[clip]

> Teunis: This should bring you rather close to the cube thingy - right ?

Yup!  Now just to handle device-arbitration and everything's perfect :)
[Now working on just that.  have a primitive one already and just going to
add a few toys]

So - is it possible to control how memvisual handles keyboard/mouse/etc?
as in - if some environment value is set (or a parameter), read from a
pipe (of some kind) or set of pipes [keyboard, mouse, ...]

ideas?  EvStack would have made this lots easier but that's life...
(incidentally this -is- one of GGI's weak areas.  And afaik hasn't been
touched because it's "fixed by EvStack"(tm) excuse me GGI Console :)

> You just start the programs with the right shmid, and they will render into
> the main programs shared mem buffer.
>
> OpenGL should then be able to use that as a texture buffer - right ?

*yes*!

G'day, eh? :)
	- Teunis