  From: becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de
  Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 02:45:21 +0200 (MEST)

O.K. - shared memory somewhat integrated into memory target.

Hi !

I promised, so I did ...

I integrated shared memory into the memvisual.

It now takes extra parameters of the form :

shmid:%d
shmkeyfile:%c:%s	[not working yet !]
%p

Which will cause the memory target to stop mallocing its buffers, but use
the given buffers instead.

There is also a dog-slow demo application, that will run the flying_ggis
demo through a totally dumb shmem server. Yeah - I know it is slow.
Someone should optimize the crossblit function ...

BTW: Mode string parsing/generation is wrong. Generated modes are not parsed
correctly due to extra fields/prefixes in the [BPP] field.
Could someone fix that ? It hurts here, if BPP!=8.

Teunis: This should bring you rather close to the cube thingy - right ?

You just start the programs with the right shmid, and they will render into
the main programs shared mem buffer.

OpenGL should then be able to use that as a texture buffer - right ?

CU, Andy

--
= Andreas Beck                    |  Email :  <andreas.beck@ggi-project.org> =