  From: Stefan Mars <mars@lysator.liu.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 20:17:22 +0200 (MET DST)

Re: NVidia is a horseshit company

On Fri, 18 Sep 1998, Shawn Leas wrote:

> I live in the USA?  Hehehe, but seriously, when you buy the card, you have
> bought it's capabilities.  That does NOT mean that they can say, oh yeah,

Exactly. You bought a card and a software driver for it. Nothing else.

> and you need Windows...  Oh, yeah, and if you don't develop for Windows,

Yes they can. A lot of the boxes of graphics cards are marked Windows
drivers only. If it's marked when you buy it, you can't go back and claim
that they haven't given you what they advertised.

> we won't even give you enough information about the card to interface
> software with it's hardware.

Sucks, doesn't it :)

And yes, I do believe you live in the US :)

-Stefan

| Stefan Mars              |Student, Applied physics & Electrical engineering |
| Bjoernkaerrsgatan 15B:30 |Linkoping Institute of Technology                 |
| S-584 36 Linkoping       |                                                  |
| Sweden                   |Email: mars@lysator.liu.se Phone: +46 (0)13175384 |
|         Maintainer of The THX Home Cinema Buyers Guide, located at          |
|               http://www.lysator.liu.se/%7Emars/thxguide.html               |
\--------------------- PGP key available through finger ----------------------/