  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 18:15:00 +0200

Re: kgicon -> linux-2.2 ideas (was Re: Makefile vote II)

Hartmut Niemann wrote:
> Oh, by the way: I think we shouldn't give our releases a number.
> libggi will have one, the drivers have versions, the libggi2d has a number...
> We should stick to the names for releases ("GGI Degas (final) consists of
> libggi-2.1, libggi2d-0.99, libggi3d-0.1 ... kgicon-981115 ...),
> give the libraries numbers as everybody does (but do not try to change the
> scheme. Libggi is 1.5 now and shouldn't get lower than that :-), and give
> the driver packages simply a release date.

"Degas" will only be kgicon. Trying to make simultaneous releases
will only hinder development.
(Of course we can make simultaneous releases if two subsystems
happens to be ready for release at the same time, but we should
never plan on doing this)

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se