  From: Andrew Apted <ajapted@netspace.net.au>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 12:14:47 +1000

Re: Font rendering?

Hartmut writes:

>  There was some work on font rendering for GGI. Is there anything
>  currently?  What is the status?

As in LibGFont ?  That's the little library I'm working on to pull
glyph-images out of various font files (using plug-ins just like
libggi).  It's not GGI related.  LibGFont (and LibDataType which it
needs) are available on my homepage, but they could be out of date
(the definitive versions are in the Berlin CVS).

There was some talk a while back of an extension library for rendering
fonts to a visual, something like `LibGGIText'.  AFAIK no-one is working
on such a beast.

Cheers,
                                               \  /
  Andrew Apted   <andrew@ggi-project.org>       \/