  From: David Waite <mass@ufl.edu>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 04:06:36 -0400

I have seen the Stars/Demo/etc! =)

I have figured out most of the problem I have been having with the S3
Vision 968 drivers (need more testing, more coding, etc).. to the point
where If it wasn't so darn late here I could get it working in 16 and 8
bpp mode as well as the 32 bpp mode it is working perfectly in right now
=)

When I get back to looking over the documentation tomorrow and figuring
out what exactly I *did* fix (I fixed it in the wrong way, I think),
I'll probably up a new version of the IBM drivers, and toss a patch over
Jan's way to look at and hopefully commit. I might also need to ask
people who have a better understanding of the timing for graphics cards
what they think I might be doing wrong/right.

Anyways, it is sleepytime now. One last question though, XF68_FBDev
reports to me that it doesn't understand packed pixel modes, apparently
all the modes are reported as packed pixel modes. I assume this is
something in the driver and not in the X server/config file, what is
causing it?

-David Waite