  From: teunis <teunis@computersupportcentre.com>
  To  : andreas.beck@ggi-project.org
  Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 00:19:04 -0700 (MST)

Re: 3D solid font

On Fri, 18 Sep 1998 becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de wrote:

> Hi Guy !
>
> >   I am Guy Barrand working at the Linear Accelerator Laboratory
> >  of Orsay (France).
> Oh - pretty sure this is interesting work ...
>
> >   I am looking for long now to 3D solid fonts. I have found on the web some
> >  wire frame 3D font that are very usefull but not very nice.

hmmm....
...  could be done...
*thinking*

Okay :)
My primitive-little-modeller (written in a hybrid scheme|lisp / C mix :)
can build this and it sounds like fun.

Okay - what format ya want?  Will "md2" do? :)

OR - do you want actual 3D-solid fonts?

I know povray hasn't got real 3d fonts - it uses 2D extruded fonts.  My
guess is something like a Roman font only with bezelling on the front and
back as an example.

More later...
G'day, eh? :)
	- Teunis