  From: teunis <teunis@computersupportcentre.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 18:53:22 -0700 (MST)

Re: New target `display-tele' committed

On Thu, 17 Sep 1998, Christian Reiniger wrote:

> Andrew Apted wrote:
>
> >Display-tele is a LibGGI target which sends libggi primitives over a
> >socket to a server (called `teleserver') and receives input events back
> >from the server.  The server is in lib/libggi/display/tele/.  To make
>
> Geez - you have no ambitions to replace XFree, don't you?
>
> >  2.  It should also be possible to rewrite the server to accept upto 6
> >      simultaneous connections, and display the visuals on the sides of
> >      a rotating cube (hint hint ;-).
>
> A much easier way (IMHO) : draw to a normal memory target and give that
> memory region to OpenGL for use as texture. That way you (1) are not
> constrained to cubes and (2) don't have the networking overhead.

In that case...  um.

uh-oh.
It doesn't work that way.  You have to upload the textures into OpenGL.
[knew there was a catch somewhere *sigh*]

Does "tele" do shared-memory as it's target?  Or is it strictly
accel-based?

G'day, eh? :)
	- Teunis

PS: I'd -like- to see it support the primary directbuffer for the current
mode (can that be obtained?) via shared-memory if possible :)