  From: Emmanuel Marty <core@ggi-project.org>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 21:01:34 +0200

Re: kgicon into kernel?

Stefan Mars wrote:

> QNX was accepted into the kernel because it was a patch that affected
> almost nothing else. It could be turned off and on through configuration,
> and besides didn't even worked ok after what I have been told.
>
> KGI is a much larger patch that will affect a _lot_ of the kernel.

Hmm, if Stefan fell in the trap, there is obviously a misunderstanding :

We aren't merging KGI in the kernel. Not anytime soon. We are talking
about integrating *kgicon* and the *drivers* in the kernel. Indeed, the
support code for framebuffer consoles is already in the kernel (fbcon),
so it just .. adds display drivers for it. Like there already are many
for m68K/PPC/etc.

--
Emmanuel