  From: Stefan Mars <mars@lysator.liu.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 20:13:12 +0200 (MET DST)

Re: kgicon into kernel?

On Thu, 17 Sep 1998, James A Simmons wrote:

> I agree. I see problems too. The reason I was yelling was hurrry up and
> get a move on it. Like I said if QNX can get in so can kgi. The problem is
> if 2.2 is due out in 3 weeks then we don't have time to play around. Its
> now or never. The sooner it in the kernel the sooner we get more
> developers and more testers.

QNX was accepted into the kernel because it was a patch that affected
almost nothing else. It could be turned off and on through configuration,
and besides didn't even worked ok after what I have been told.

KGI is a much larger patch that will affect a _lot_ of the kernel.

-Stefan

| Stefan Mars              |Student, Applied physics & Electrical engineering |
| Bjoernkaerrsgatan 15B:30 |Linkoping Institute of Technology                 |
| S-584 36 Linkoping       |                                                  |
| Sweden                   |Email: mars@lysator.liu.se Phone: +46 (0)13175384 |
|         Maintainer of The THX Home Cinema Buyers Guide, located at          |
|               http://www.lysator.liu.se/%7Emars/thxguide.html               |
\--------------------- PGP key available through finger ----------------------/