  From: James A Simmons <jsimmons@acsu.buffalo.edu>
  To  : ggi-develop <ggi-develop@eskimo.com>
  Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 13:02:29 -0400 (EDT)

Re: Makefile vote II

On Thu, 17 Sep 1998, Brian Julin wrote:

> One should look at the contents of some of the include directories
> before deciding to try to do anything.  I am _not_ going to lump up
> my 20 or so header files into single files if this is what
> is being suggested; I want them separate like they are (and there
> are even more of them in my newer code release.)

No. No. Thats not what I'm saying. In fact I agree. Some of the header
files need to broken up some more.

> They should remain in subdirectories such that when a KGI driver/driver-libs
> that uses IBM vga code is installed /usr/include/kgi/IBM/ is a valid
> directory, IMO.

Yes. This is what I'm stating.

kgicon/include -> linux/include/kgi

all kgicon/kgi/include/[chipset] -> linux/include/kgi/[chipset].

Thats all.

As for a /usr/include/kgi/IBM that would be done automatically if
[chipset] is under linux/include/kgi and you then do a
ln -sf linux/include/kgi /usr/include/kgi.