  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 18:47:29 +0200

Re: New target `display-tele' committed

Andrew Apted wrote:

> Gee, this is becoming a bad habit :-).
>
> Display-tele is a LibGGI target which sends libggi primitives over a
> socket to a server (called `teleserver') and receives input events back
> from the server.  The server is in lib/libggi/display/tele/.  To make
> the server, first configure and make libggi with the tele target, then
> cd into that directory and `make -f Makefile.server'.
>
> Right now only 8 bit modes are supported.

So now you tell me. ;) I was wondering why modesetting failed on both
glide and my 16 bit Xserver. I works nicely (but slow ;) here with
an 8 bit server. Great work.

Some notes though:
Please prefix _all_ global symbols in the target with "_ggi"
Do a grep alloc *.c; grep free *.c and plug those leaks!

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se