  From: Sengan Baring-Gould <sengan@seqnet.net>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 19:37:05 -0600

[Fwd: License settlement once for all. [Re: See you later alligator.]]

Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 19:36:28 -0600
From: Sengan Baring-Gould <sengan@seqnet.net>
To: andreas.beck@ggi-project.org
Subject: Re: License settlement once for all. [Re: See you later alligator.]

becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de wrote:

> Thunderclouds form high above the mountain and bring darkness over those
> brave programmers that have gathered in the valley.

Shall we GPL your story ;-)

> > Wouter, please, you are an excellent programmer and we need your
> > help. I want to see ggi on *BSD too, and your experience with it is
> > necessary. Please ?
>
> " So do I. Please do not take some things that have been said personally.
>   Licensing is something from the land of Lawdor - and you know that there
>   is seldom any good coming from there.
>   So we all need to keep calm and should not annoy the spirits there, if
>   we want to have all our power for our primary battle."

Indeed.

> > Okay, here goes:
> > 1) Linux KGI/kgicon is GPL
>
> "YES. It is only needed on Linux, so use the host license."
>
> > 2) BSD KGI equivalent is BSD

Only objection: why not make it BSD by default except for GPL'd OS's ?

> > I'm not Andy, but I do want GGI on BSD. And I want you to work on it.
>
> "I am - and yes, I want GGI on BSD, and yes, I'd like to have you in the
> boat for that, Wouter. It was too much fun porting Descent to the Alpha
> with you to loose you in such a silly and useless battle."

I speak up too. Same comment. We need a BSD freak. Actually, if you getit working
for FreeBSD, there some people at work that'd like to use FreeBSD
on MediaGX's. (Also thanks for remembering what I said in the past)

Sengan