  From: teunis <teunis@computersupportcentre.com>
  To  : GGI List <ggi-develop@eskimo.com>
  Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 17:21:50 -0700 (MST)

Re: svgalib target

On Thu, 3 Sep 1998 smoke@casema.net wrote:

> Is the svgalib-target in libggi still broken?
>
> I cannot get it to run, and because of problems with my provider I might
> have lost some replies to my earlier comment on it.
>
> Libggi works fine in X11, but I'd love to see it in svgalib (1.3) again.
> All I get is a segfault on all demos and my own apps.

I get segfault at >320x200.  Seems to be a memory prob with assuming
linear mode... *sigh*.

I have an S3-Trio64V2 and an S3-ViRGE DX/GX  (the ViRGe is primary right
now) and both exhibit this....
... and neither are linear-supported under svgalib at this time (and
prolly never)

G'day, eh? :)
	- Teunis

PS: the "svgagl" extension is supposed to fix this.  From how the code
looks it -should-!  But it's still broken (last I checked... now checking
again...  nope still broken)