  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 20:30:28 +0200

Re: License settlement once for all. [Re: See you later alligator.]

Emmanuel Marty wrote:
> Ok, I'll make a proposition. This is what Andy and I proposed
> several months ago, but apparently it never made it through.
>
> Okay, here goes:
>
> 1) Linux KGI/kgicon is GPL

Fine with me.

> 2) BSD KGI equivalent is BSD

Fine with me.
But not exactly BSD. The real BSD license means that you have
to make references to Berkeley University in the code, or
something equally silly. I believe what we really want is an
XFree-style license.

> 3) KGI drivers are multi-licensed :
>    GPL for linux
>    BSD for *BSD
>    ..
>    others will follow.

Fine with me, but is it really neccesary that WE license them as GPL
too. AFAIK X-style/BSD license allow you to redistribute the code
with any licensing as long as the copyright notice is intact.
Thus people that prefer GPL over BSD can sublicense the code to
themselves under a GPL license. This will save us the fuzz with
distributing code under two licenses.

> 4) libggi is (stays) LGPL.

Fine with me.

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan