  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 16:34:17 +0200

Re: Some coding tips...

becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de wrote:

> > STOP BLINDLY COPYING CODE AROUND IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE ABOUT
> > WHAT IT DOES! In the best case it will just be some useless bloat
> > dragged around, but in the worst case it's a real PITA to fix it.
>
> Uh - what causes your anger ?

People taking code from one part of libggi and pasting it into
another part in such a way that it's obvious that they doesn't
know what the code does or how it's supposed to be used.

I don't think it's neccesary to tell what code caused my slight
overrecation, I just want everyone to be more carful when they
add/change code in libggi. If you're hacking on a target or something,
please sometimes take the time to read through all code from library
entrypoint to exitpoint, and really look what the code actually does.

> > Always free memory you allocated.
> > If you don't know how to use a system call, please use the manpage.
> > Include all the required headers, but not any other weird headers.
> And:
> - Look to the left and right before crossing the street
> - Never puke against the wind
> - Never play with a burning dog

;-)

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan