  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 04:02:05 +0000

Glide-target now works again

I've added event handling back to the glide target and it now uses
the Linux_common files for keyboard and mouse support. In addition
to that it supports VT switching, which I don't know of any other
glide app that does. ;)

I've also removed the directbuffer hack and added glide acceleration
instead. Performance is quite OK for a card not at all designed for
2D, especially considering that I haven't found a way to turn off
doublebuffering, which forces me to do things like:
	grDrawPoint(&GLIDE_PRIV(vis)->fgvertex);
	grBufferSwap(0);
	grDrawPoint(&GLIDE_PRIV(vis)->fgvertex);
	grBufferSwap(0);

Lastly I've added PS/2 mouse support to Linux_common/mouse.inc
as I needed to test the mouse handling in the glide target. ;-)

If there's someone here that's familiar with Glide you're welcome
to help me with using font characters as textures. That would make
a quite nice nixterm terminal out of a 3DFX board.

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan/
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se