  From: Steve Cheng <elmert@ipoline.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 21:57:58 -0400 (EDT)

Re: Nixterm: a simple terminal for LibGGI

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Andrew Apted wrote:

> Now I would have assumed that X's keycode->keysym function
> (XLookupKeySym or some such) will convert CTRL+'c' to 0x0003.
> Is that not the case ??

Probably not.  But why is there an assumption that CTRL+'c' == 0x0003 ?
Couldn't some target/environment want to map CTRL+'c' to something else?
Or is it mandated by Unicode?  (I'm not sure about ASCII either, and I don't
have the exact standards.)
Of course the label and modifier should be the same.

--
Steve Cheng

email: steve@ggi-project.org
www: <http://shell.ipoline.com/~elmert/>;