  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 21:13:52 +0000

Re: DJGPP - LibDL anywhere ?

Edward S. Marshall wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, Salvador Eduardo Tropea (SET) wrote:
> > What exactly is LibDL?
>
> If I'm not mistaken, Andy is probably referring to the UNIX libdl concept;
> dynamically loaded libraries via dlopen() and company.
>
> I wasn't aware that DJGPP could actually do runtime library loading; if
> so, it's come farther than the last time I looked at it (which,
> admittedly, was 4-5 years ago ;-).
>
> Andy, have you (or has someone else) considered working on a port using
> mingw32 (the minimal GCC port to Win32; it doesn't come with that silly
> cygwin.dll, and all the licensing issues that (at least used to) surround
> it)? I remember seeing someone posting about getting it running under
> cygwin32, but that requires cygwin.dll...

There is no "porting" to be done to make it work on win32 with
a gcc derivate compiler. Just compile it. If someone could point
me to a mingw32 binary that can build working dll's I might give
this a try again. (No promises about when that may be though, I'm
trying to work on WAY to many things right now... ;)

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan/
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se