  From: becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 20:13:26 +0200 (MEST)

Re: SYNC mode should go

Hi !

> > > But the only correct solution is for applications that doesn't
> > > continously update the framebuffer to listen for the ggi_expose_event,
> > > which we should make the X-targets emit properly.
> > Okay, good.  ... Except, wouldn't you need to listen for the corresponding X
> > event in a separate thread?  Maybe not ... I'm not really familiar enough
> > with X programming to speak with much authority on this particular matter.
> No. Why do you think that would be needed?

Because LibGGI doesn't require you to go into some kind of event loop.

So it depends a bit on definition. If we just post a regular expose_event,
this is more or less unnecessary (at least for the X target), because the
target itself could redraw, then.

CU,ANdy

--
= Andreas Beck                    |  Email :  <andreas.beck@ggi-project.org> =