  From: Brian Julin <bri@forcade.calyx.net>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 11:05:25 -0400 (EDT)

Re: Makefile vote

On Mon, 14 Sep 1998, Jon M. Taylor wrote:
> > I see nobody is listen to my post about my kernel intergration problems.
> > Are we going to move the header file for each chip into the same directory
> > as the c files or not? I say we delete kgicon/kgi/include.

Include files include stuff for all subsystems.  One should not have
a chipset/IBM/include/ being used by ramdac/IBM IMO.

I think they should go in the include/kgi/ subdirectory, personally,
since that is already placed under /usr/include/kgi and thus the
chipset header definitions are then made available to programmers
who want to use them directly, e.g. writing their own accelerator
sequences to feed into a ping-pong buffer.

That would mean instead changing everything to
#include <kgi/[chipset]/[file.h]> but need it? -- why can't we just add a
-I directive to the Makefile in the CVS tree and in Linux kernel?

--
Brian S. Julin