  From: Jan Kneschke <Jan.Kneschke@kiel.netsurf.de>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 00:24:22 +0200 (MEST)

Re: 968 success

On Sun, 13 Sep 1998, Neal Tucker wrote:

> I've seen the dots (plus the other demos, plus my own little thing I
> wrote to play with ggi) on my 968 using kgicon (from the 980912
> snapshot).  Wahoo!
that's fine, because it isn't working for me, but i've written this driver
:)
perhaps someone knows this problem:
in textmode only every second pressed key is displayed. if you type 123456
you get 135 on screen but 123456 in memory. suggestions are welcome. i can
vary this from every second via every fourth to every eight character via
the byte/word/doubleword mode via the seq-regs.

> Also, now that I've got graphics working, I am wishing for more
> resolutions.  I can only do 640x400 and 640x480 (both work in 8/16/32
> bits also).  Is this something that needs to be implemented still, or
> am I just missing how to set things up?
which ramdac are you using ??

> Plus, I've got two 968's.  Is there a chance of being able to use these
> together?  If so, do I need to pass some extra params to the insmod to
> tell the second module not to try to use the first card?
not yet. if my card is working this is a small step to move.

thats all
  Jan

---
       Project: GGI - S3-Vision-driver -- http://www.ggi-project.org/
         -)=  Jan (Weigon) Kneschke -- Kiel -- Northern Germany =(-