  From: Hartmut Niemann <niemann@cip.e-technik.uni-erlangen.de>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 09:52:56 +0200 (MESZ)

Re: Time for a stable version release ?

Sengan wrote:

> Jon M. Taylor wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Emmanuel Marty wrote:
> >
> > > Even if we're in the middle of a month I think we should make a code
> > > freeze for the next week or so, and release a stable version. We can
> > > always release the next stable one in a month from now then.
>
> Well... MediaGX is far from perfect. I don't want to stop everything becauseof
> that, but I doubt it'll be ready so soon. 5510 works except 800x600 (still
> investigating)
>

> Sengan

IMHO that would not hurt, if AND ONLY IF we get the documentation to a point
where a newbie can find out whether and how something is supposed to work.

If the doc said: this chipset only 640x400, that's absolutely fine
with me.

Hartmut.
--
Hartmut Niemann   --   niemann(a)cip.e-technik.uni-erlangen.de
http://cip2.e-technik.uni-erlangen.de:8080/hyplan/niemann/index_en.html [/ggi]