  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 21:03:56 +0200

Re: Scrolling bad in ModeX (Was: Nixterm: a simple terminal for LibGGI)

smoke@casema.net wrote:

> On 09 15, Andrew Apted wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just uploaded to my homepage a simple little terminal program
> > called `nixterm', which runs on top of LibGGI.  It has minimal
> > functionality (hence the name), but it does have a scrollback buffer
> > and screen blanking.  My page is at:
>
> I checked it immediately. It seems to work fine, though in all `mode-x`
> resolutions in svgalib, the scrolling is completely wrong. In X11 it works
> okay, and in 320x200x256 in svgalib I see no problems either. I think there's
> a bug in using the bitplanes of mode-x in svgalib through libggi.

Hmm, does nixterm use any of the ggiGet* functions? Those are
known to be broken in modeX svgalib. I'll check this out later.
(They are broken because the svgalib "get" function is broken
in modeX, if anyone knows how to read the framebuffer in
svgalib modeX I'll be happy to fix this)

> I still haven't found a decent way to do page-flipping in libggi-on-svgalib
> by the way. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

Does svgalib support page-flipping? Just tell me which function(s)
to use and I'll add it to the svgalib target.

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se