  From: Andrew Apted <ajapted@netspace.net.au>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 20:03:57 +1000

Re: 968 success

Neal Tucker writes:

>  I recently noticed that the con2fbmap is failing for me (EINVAL from
>  the first ioctl).

You only need to use con2fbmap if you're using vgafb (the VGA
framebuffer device) a.k.a. CONFIG_FB_VGA.  In this case, vgafb is fb 0,
and kgicon becomes fb 1 when you insmod it, and con2fbmap is needed to
move the consoles over.

If you're using vgacon (the normal VGA console with all the goodies)
a.k.a CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE, then con2fbmap isn't needed.  The first
framebuffer driver (e.g. kgicon when you insmod it) will automagically
take over all the consoles.

I recommend anyone still using vgafb to switch to vgacon instead.  It
will soon disappear from the kernel.

Cheers,
                                               \  /
  Andrew Apted   <andrew@ggi-project.org>       \/