  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 13:39:22 +0000

Re: ANNOUNCE: generic monitor driver and setmon (was: generic monitor driver test part II)

Neal Tucker wrote:

> Marcus Sundberg says:
> > (You'll need autoconf to build the setmon util, there's no point
> > in having a 50k configure script that's generated in 1/10th of
> > a second in the CVS tree. When we release kgicon it will naturally
> > be in there)
>
> Can you reconsider this?  50k is not big, and there's no point in
> making those of us who don't have autoconf (and don't want to
> find/download/install/use it) suffer.
>
> I want to test the generic monitor driver, but I'm not in any sort
> of mood to figure out autoconf.  Someday, I want to learn how
> autoconf works.  Not today.  I just want to play with ggi.
>
> For now, I'll stick with multisync.

Get autoconf from ftp://prep.ai.mit.edu/pub/gnu or any mirror.
Install it by typing
configure;make install
Build the configure script in util/setmon by typing
autoconf

Not that complicated is it?
And if you really don't want to install autoconf you can get
the configure script att http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan/configure

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan/
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se