  From: James A Simmons <jsimmons@acsu.buffalo.edu>
  To  : ggi-develop <ggi-develop@eskimo.com>
  Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 07:19:12 -0400 (EDT)

DRIVER WRITER READ THIS

It looks like my original post didn't get threw. As you know I have been
creating the linux makefile system. Well the problem is the linux makefile
system can see header files from $(TOPDIR)/include where TOPDIR is the
kernel source tree top directory. Header files anywhere else are usually
address by "foo.h". The current kgicon drivers do not. They have for
example <Matrox/blah>. The linux makefile syetm thinks this is in
$(TOPDIR)/include/Matrox which it is not. So could you please figure a way
to change this. We have one of two options.

I.
  Change all the code to address the header files by ../../include/Matrox
etc. This is what I have been doing every time. This takes forever when
doing it myself.

II.
  Or remove the kgi/include directory and place the header files into the
directory with the specific hardware. This is the standard way the kernel
does it.

I opt for number two. But to make life easier please lets address this.
Thank you.