  From: becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 12:23:51 +0200 (MEST)

Re: Open list of issues before Degas goes out

Hi !

> > Agreed - symbolic links, rwx permissions, and case-sensitive names don't
> > exist on some filesystems....
> nor do hard links.  Basically, all of those are UNIX-specific.

Well - we have that scripts directory ... When we can't hard/softlink,
we can copy. I don't see a place where this would not suffice.

So when it comes to WinDos, we can just create a few scripts there that
resemble ln by cp and make the Makefiles use that scripts. Should be a
matter of a few extra variables.

> > ... mind you I guess that doesn't matter for KGI though as KGI won't be
> > ported to Windows [or OS/2] or equiv systems.
> Actually, I thought KGI (not kgicon or whatever other Linux-specific aspects
> of it, but KGI proper) was originally supposed to be ported to those
> platforms too...

Basically yes. I only have _very_ old DOS compilers, but as this issue is
pending much too long, I'll very probably download a recent version of DJGPP
and write LibGGI-for-DJGPP using some kind of suidkgi approach.

Anybody here with instructions/suggestions on where to get the latest
version and get things up and running quickly ?

CU,ANdy

--
= Andreas Beck                    |  Email :  <andreas.beck@ggi-project.org> =
========  GGI - The Right Thing To Do : http://www.ggi-project.org/   ========