  From: Neal Tucker <ntucker@vax.area.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 20:12:12 -0700

Re: Time for a stable version release ?

Andrew Apted says:

> >  Well, as I said before, I'm probably not the only one that doesn't
> >  know how to type an "asciicircum" or "adiearesis".
>
> [Hmmm, I wonder where you got those KV names from ? :-))  I think we
> should use different names than X so there is no copyright issues].

Well, I don't think X invented them.  They're used in postscript too.
(I just checked my Postscript Language Reference Manual, and appendix
E.5, "Standard Roman Character Set" uses similar names (Aacute, Aring,
Adieresis, etc).  Postscript uses these names to define encoding
vectors for fonts.

-Neal Tucker