  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 19:16:59 +0200

Re: MediaGX driver and GGI demos.

nop1@cornell.edu wrote:

> Ok, I cleaned up my Linux system a bit and was able to recompile kgicon.o
> and libraries. I finally successfully switched console to 1024x768x8bpp
> mode on my MediaGX machine: it's beautiful and I'm staying with it. The
> refresh rate is neat, no flicker that I notice in Win95 in this mode. Good
> job, guys.
>
> However, the demos wouldn't run: they give unresolved symbols like
> ggiParseText, which is present in libggi.1.4.99. Symbolic links to it are
> ok. I tried putting libggi.1.4.99 in different directories and it didn't
> help. What do I need to do to get the demos to work?

Hmm, ggiParseText? That's not part of the current libggi.
Don't know if it's ever been. Are you sure about that?

Try doing:
rm -rf /usr/local/include/ggi /usr/local/lib/ggi /usr/local/lib/libggi*
rm -rf /usr/include/ggi /usr/lib/ggi /usr/lib/libggi*
and do 'make clean;make;make install' in the libggi directory.

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se