  From: Andrew Apted <ajapted@netspace.net.au>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 11:14:17 +1000

Re: Time for a stable version release ?

Jon writes:

>  	I just broke the Glide target |-/.  I was(am) trying to use the
>  Linux_common event handling code and it is locking the console.  C-A-D
>  works, but VT switching does not.

Are you actually getting key events ?  Your event.c needs to select() on
the FDs and call the keyboard_handle_data() routine.  Have a look at
GGIeventpoll() in display/fbdev/events.c.

>  I would like to know why it is
>  possible for non-root userspace code to disable VT switching

Nice, eh ?

>  and the magic SysRq key handling!!!

That should still work (it's a special case in drivers/char/keyboard.c,
SPECIALS_ALLOWED_IN_RAWMODE or some such).

Cheers,
                                               \  /
  Andrew Apted   <andrew@ggi-project.org>       \/