  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 05:20:33 +0200

Re: Open list of issues before Degas goes out

mentalg@geocities.com wrote:
> I've had a fair amount of experience with both by now; I'd be willing to
> help out with that as soon as I get through this locking stuff.

Ok, that's good. Now I know whom to ask about the things I wonder
about. ;)

> I think autoconf is definitely appropriate for LibGGI, although I still have
> mixed feelings about automake.  libtool might make building for static
> platforms a good deal easier, too, but it's hard work to set up without
> automake. Although actually we lose many of the advantages of LibGGI if we
> aren't dynamically linking, and there _are_ quite a few dynamic linking (and
> pthreads) packages for DOS out there now.

Well, I've messed a lot with all three tools lately and I must
say I'm pretty impressed. I've found some limitations, but I
hope that it's just me that doesn't know the tools well enough
yet.

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se