  From: Steve Cheng <elmert@ipoline.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 20:57:02 -0400 (EDT)

Re: Time for a stable version release ?

On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Jon M. Taylor wrote:

> > Even if we're in the middle of a month I think we should make a code
> > freeze for the next week or so, and release a stable version. We can
> > always release the next stable one in a month from now then.
>
> 	Yes.  Lock the devel repository at midnight GMT with a cron job
> when the code freeze starts and dump it to the stable repository.  Then
> for a week everyone fixes bugs in the stable tree and at the end of the
> month the next stable release is released and dumped back into the devel
> kernel and we all start hacking again.  Sound OK?

I think its still too early now to make a freeze, especially lock a
repository, too draconian for me.

Or you mean a feature freeze?

> > About the licensing: is everyone OK to adopt what had been discussed ?
>
> 	I am.

What was it again?

> > All authors, tell me what you think. IMHO the best would be to point
> > the source headers to a file describing the license for our software,
> > if that's legal? (like, getting them to refer to GGI-LICENSE in
> > the root dir of the ggi archive or something).
>
> 	The [L]GPL specifically states that you have to have that three
> paragraph legalese header in every GPLed source code file.  Yes, most of
> the GGI code is in violation of the terms of the license - we have ony
> two of the paragraphs.

Well, if we include some of the legalese in each source file, we might as
well include everything to make it clear, esp. if it is a legal requirement.

--
Steve Cheng

email: steve@ggi-project.org
www: <http://shell.ipoline.com/~elmert/>;