  From: Sven <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com, twibberley@llamacom.com
  Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 17:11:58 +0200 (MET DST)

Re: libggi not working ...

> I suppose you call this from the configure script to write to a file
> whether the system is big/little endian, and use that in the makefile
> with -D

have you ever compiled some gnu stuff ?

what you do is a ./configure, who create the right Makefile,
after that you can easily build the system, with make && make install.

check the hello world gnu package at :

ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/hello-1.3.tar.gz

for an example how to use it .

i can't believe you are developping something as important as libggi,
and don't know what exactly is going one when you configure lets say
gcc.

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER