  From: David Waite <mass@ufl.edu>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 02:42:12 -0400

RE: kgi vs. fbcon

XFree is pretty fast in the video department, its not as fast as it could be
because of that whole 'X' thing.. but I won't get started =)

I think the benefit from GGI is more:
	o Multiple output capabilities; on top of X, on SVGAlib, on fbcon, and
GGIConsole/KGI, all without recompiling
	o Much better platform independance than current methods. Lead to
applications being ported just because it is the most bang for the buck

Stability is a side effect =)

-David Waite