  From: KC5TJA <kc5tja@topaz.axisinternet.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 10:42:02 -0700 (PDT)

Re: SYNC mode should go

On Thu, 10 Sep 1998, Jos Hulzink wrote:

> Speed is too important to even think about flushing every graphical
> command. If the argument is used that a beginner is not known with flushing or
> something, well, he has to learn the GGI-'instructionset' before he can
> program anyway, so that one more command should be no problem.

THIS is true.  Idioms are very important in the computer world.  From
desktops to overall system architecture, the use of idioms is quite
prevalent.

If you really want to stick out, change the idiom.  I'd have to agree here
-- if sync mode is responsible for the sluggishness of GGI (not that I've
noticed in the past! :) ), take it out.  I, even as a novice programmer,
am more than willing to set up my own SIGALRM handler to manually
ggiFlush(...) every so often.  I work better with low-level stuff anyway.

      KC5TJA/6     |                  -| TEAM DOLPHIN |-
        DM13       |                  Samuel A. Falvo II
    QRP-L #1447    |          http://www.dolphin.openprojects.net