  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 17:06:58 +0000

ANNOUNCE: generic monitor driver and setmon (was: generic monitor driver test part II)

James A Simmons wrote:

> I tried it again with last nights CVS download. It works great.
> Thank you Marcus.

Oh, good! I changed the default to VGA timelist as I hope that
should be supported by all monitors.

But that's just a default to get a working mode upon insertion.
Please try the setmon utility in degas/kgicon/util/setmon. With
it you can change the monitor driver to any timelist/multisync
monitor during runtime!

And everyone else, please try the generic monitor driver and the
setmon utility I commited last night. As the generic monitor
driver will replace the other three I need more feedback on it.

(You'll need autoconf to build the setmon util, there's no point
in having a 50k configure script that's generated in 1/10th of
a second in the CVS tree. When we release kgicon it will naturally
be in there)

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan/
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se