  From: Andrew Apted <ajapted@netspace.net.au>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 00:24:14 +1000

Re: SYNC mode should go

teunis writes:

>  The big prob with the consoles was (and still is) control of
>  VT-switching....
>  ..... mayhaps I'll just lock the current VT and grab the entire kbd raw.
>  I've been avoiding this all this time due to the ... dangerousnous ... of
>  this kind of thing.

Yeah the Linux behaviour of "raw mode disables VT switching" really
sucks.  And VT_PROCESS (where a process takes control of VT switching
to/from a particular VT) also sucks, but is kinda necessary right now
(the proper way to handle it is far from clear).

>  I also wanted to be able to do demo/libggi -> surface of a cube... Still
>  haven't gotten this working...
>
>  .... ideas? :)

"display-cube" target ?  :-)

Or wait until someone (maybe even me) writes the "display-net" target
which transfers LibGGI primitives over a socket (or SHM)... and then
write a custom server that provides 6 sockets (one for each face).

Cheers,
                                               \  /
  Andrew Apted   <andrew@ggi-project.org>       \/