  From: Jason McMullan <jmcc@ontv.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: 10 Sep 1998 14:28:32 GMT

Re: kgi vs. fbcon

Torgeir Veimo <Torgeir.Veimo@vertech.no> wrote with confidence:
> I think a better strategy in the long run would not be to say: - look
> here we have a new console system called GGIConsole that replaces fbcon.
> Yes it is not very long term tested, but we can do this and this and
> this and it's the right thing do to.
>
> It is better to add functionality and features to fbcon step by step. If
> we end up with something similar to GGIConsole in the end, what is the
> difference except the name. The game is all diplomacy.

   True, but we need something like GGI Console to make sure that
our ideas will work. A `play pen' where we can test stuff.

--
Jason McMullan - Linux - GGI - http://pepsi.visus.com/~jmcc

On the wonderful world of Microsoft Products:

  Why put fault tolerance in the OS, when it's
  already built into the User?
	-- Steve Shaw <nospamola_sbshaws@kc-primary.net>
	   comp.os.linux.advocacy