  From: Jason McMullan <jmcc@ontv.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: 10 Sep 1998 14:34:57 GMT

Re: SYNC mode should go

becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de wrote with confidence:
> I would like to keep SYNC mode for psychological reasons to make LibGGI
> more popular for those people that have only used synchronous libs before.
>
> However I will not try to put a "veto" on its removal, if you all think
> it is better to remove it.
>
> So please think about what I said above and decide wisely. I do not want to
> play dictator here, so I leave it to the list.

   Drop SYNC mode. Adding

#ifdef LIBGGI
   ggiFlush(vis);
#endif

  to games after a display is rendered isn't too much to ask. Besides,
they're going to have to do a lot more that that just to port it to
libGGI!

--
Jason McMullan - Linux - GGI - http://pepsi.visus.com/~jmcc

On the wonderful world of Microsoft Products:

  Why put fault tolerance in the OS, when it's
  already built into the User?
	-- Steve Shaw <nospamola_sbshaws@kc-primary.net>
	   comp.os.linux.advocacy