  From: Hartmut Niemann <niemann@cip.e-technik.uni-erlangen.de>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 09:12:16 +0200 (MESZ)

Re: SYNC mode should go

I am not exactly sure how the sync mode internally works, but if
it messes with alarms and such, almost nobody would use it if
he had to implement it oneself.
Maybe we should drop sync mode from the library, but put a chapter
into libggi docs (with example code), how one could set up a
system that did a ggiflush every X ms. (Using signals and/or threads)
This would make the library less complicated, and it
would make programmers think whether this or a carefully placed ggiFlush
here and there is better.
Basically: let's move the sync code from the ggi into the libggidoc example
section.

Comments?

Hartmut.
--
Hartmut Niemann   --   niemann(a)cip.e-technik.uni-erlangen.de
http://cip2.e-technik.uni-erlangen.de:8080/hyplan/niemann/index_en.html [/ggi]