  From: Jason Twamley <jtwamley@quanta.thphys.may.ie>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 08 Sep 1998 19:12:04 +0000

SVGA monitor .. black on black

Hi..well things are getting there..
just downloaded todays snapshot. loaded kgicon..
noticed that if I attempt to specify a multisync monitor the screen
hangs after insertion. SVGA works though.
recompiled the libggi stuf..and installed it.
Most of the demos seem to work except checkmode and a few others.
If I run checkmode right after insmoding kgimod
the screen goes black on black for all consoles.

I can do
>fbset -g 800 600 800 600 8
but not
>fbset -g 832 624 832 624 8
ioctl FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO: No such file or directory
in fact the highest I can get is 800 600
is this somehow related to the fact that I specified a SVGA monitor?

Also, how do I go about interfacing this now with X ? Ca I use XF86_SVGA
or do I need XF86_DGA ?
I am looking to do multiheading.. is it correct that with my Matrox Millenium
II
either of the above X server will not work? I have heard that Metro-X
works? Xggi seems not completed as yet so I dont want to try that.
Any advice there?
Cheers
Jason Twamley