  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 08 Sep 1998 21:03:39 +0200

Re: Driver Q's :)

mass wrote:
> First I have a question about kgicon- is it possible to load two kgicon
> modules, for a multimonitor support? If so, this is something that
> really belongs in the FAQ :) If not (I'm actually imagining not since we
> aren't using GGI console and there really isn't a clear multimonitor
> model without it), belongs in the FAQ anyways =)

Sure it's possible. I use a dualheaded setup with kgicon myself.
(Well not really _using_ as I only have one monitor, but I have
two gfx cards in my machine and load two kgicon-modules at boot
time ;)

> BTW, is there a way to unload a kgicon module once it is inserted? it
> would really help my effort if I could get the things out without
> rebooting =)

Yes, you just have to use con2fbmap and "unmap" all consoles from
that module before removing it. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be
possible ot unmap the consoles if you only have one fbcon device
loaded.

Geert is there any way to do this? If not, why not add this
possibility?

Until this issue is resolved you can simply symlink kgicon2.o to
kgicon.o, insert the former and map all consoles to it, and then
remove the kgicon.o module. If you have a driver that causes strange
results uppon removal you can just make kgicon3, kgicon4 etc...
until all your kernel-memory is used up. ;)

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se