  From: becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 17:51:39 +0200 (MET DST)

Re: Failed to open visual ??

Hi !

> I had an old libggi in /lib/ggi and /usr/local/lib which I removed.
> However the new develop ggi-devel-980903.tar.gz snap libggi does not
> make and install. It seems to be broken. I had to move the libggi.so by hand
> and (dont know why?) libggi.conf needed to be put into / before it would work
> ??  why not /etc/ggi ?

> Phew..I am getting there... perhaps someone could fix the libggi compile
> scripts?

This sounds like a problem during make config. The script once had a bug,
that forced you to go through the two "manual selection" areas for
options and targets, or the corresponding symbols would not be defined
at all.

The libggi.conf should be in /etc/ggi, and the lib should install itself
right. Please check your .config - maybe this gives a hint.

CU,Andy

--
Andreas Beck              |  Email :  <Andreas.Beck@ggi-project.org>